Homeless Prevention
& Rehousing


Cook, Lake and St. Louis Counties (excluding the city of Duluth).




Youth Foyer

 Bills House


Program Description

AEOA has a variety of programs that help homeless individuals and families keep their current housing or find new stable housing. Services include outreach, assistance in meeting basic needs, homeless shelters in Virginia & Hibbing, financial assistance, counseling, case management, and referrals to important resources. Housing crisis services are available for those facing homelessness. Financial assistance and counseling is available to help people keep their current housing or find new stable housing.



If you are homeless, the first step is to call 211 or dial 1-800-543-7709 or 651-291-0211 for a housing screen. Individuals will be scheduled with a case manager to complete an assessment and a Case manger will work with the individual to find safe and affordable housing.

Calling 211 is the process if you are:

     Homeless right now.

Living somewhere without working utilities.
Living with family and do not have space of your own.
Going to be homeless within 2 weeks.

If in need of shelter call Bill’s House 218-741-2063 .

 St. Louis County emergency assistance needs to be the first point of contact to access emergency funds. If you have been denied or have already accessed their funds, please contact AEOA’s Housing Specialist at 218-748-7357 or 1-800-662-5711.


If you are looking for an apartment HERE is a list of landlords and apartment complexes.

These are not affiliated with AEOA and is intended for informational purposes only.



Housing Crisis Resource
1-800-662-5711 ext 7357

Virginia Shelter

Hibbing Shelter

Lake and Cook

 Virginia Youth Foyer






united way logo

Go to Top