Cook, Lake and St. Louis counties, including the City of Duluth, and Grand Portage Reservation.
Provides financial grants to be used towards energy costs for residential heating bills. Additional funds are available for crisis situations and energy-related repairs. Information on energy conservation related practices are also available.
Energy Assistance Program (EAP) Facts
- Renters and homeowners are eligible.
- Assets such as the home are not considered in determining eligibility.
- Grants range from $300 to $1600, based on household size, income, & fuel cost.
- In addition to the initial grant, additional crisis funds are available to:
-Help pay a past due bill or get an emergency fuel delivery.
-Help homeowners get their broken furnace repaired or replaced.
702 3rd Avenue South
Virginia, MN 55792
(218) 735-6839 or 1-844-568-0149
Duluth (218) 623-3011 (800) 662-5711 ext. 3011