Cook, Lake, and St. Louis County (excluding the City of Duluth).
AEOA's Homeownership Program is designed to promote and encourage homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost loans to income-eligible, qualified buyers.
AEOA conducts a series of Homestretch Workshops, open to anyone interested in learning how to buy a home. It is designed to give prospective homebuyers an understanding and knowledge of:
-How real estate transactions work
-Qualifications of homebuyer financing
-Responsibilities of homeownership
- Potential buyer must attend the complete series of the Homestretch Workshops.
- Buyer must complete the Homestretch Workshops and 1-on-1 counseling to qualify for AEOA financial assistance
- Potential buyer must qualify for a mortgage. The Counselor will assist homebuyers in shopping for an appropriate mortgage.
- Family income must be at or below 80% of the area median income in St. Louis, Cook, and Lake County (Please call if you are uncertain that you qualify).
- Potential buyer must be a first-time homebuyer.
Buying a home is a big deal. Do it right.
Once upon a time, buying a home was simple. Today, the game has changed. Whether you're
buying a home for the first time or the fifth, you need to be more savy, more proactive. With homebuyer
education, you can be. It's not just about buying a home-it's about staying in it. Research
shows that informed homebuyers are successful homeowners.
Framework is the only online homebuyer course designed by experts in online learning.
It’s comprehensive, so you’ll have all the facts you need to navigate every step of the buying process.
And you can learn when, where, and how you like. It even works on your smartphone.
To get started, visit Framework. If you’d like to learn more first, watch this short overview video.
Framework meets many lenders’ requirements for homebuyer education, but check with yours to make sure an online course is acceptable.