Cook, Lake, and St. Louis County (excluding the City of Duluth).
AEOA's Homeownership Program is designed to promote and encourage homeownership by providing down payment and closing cost loans to income-eligible, qualified buyers.
AEOA conducts a series of Homestretch Workshops, open to anyone interested in learning how to buy a home. It is designed to give prospective homebuyers an understanding and knowledge of:
-How real estate transactions work
-Qualifications of homebuyer financing
-Responsibilities of homeownership
- Potential buyer must attend the complete series of the Homestretch Workshops.
- Buyer must complete the Homestretch Workshops and 1-on-1 counseling to qualify for AEOA financial assistance
- Potential buyer must qualify for a mortgage. The Counselor will assist homebuyers in shopping for an appropriate mortgage.
- Family income must be at or below 80% of the area median income in St. Louis, Cook, and Lake County (Please call if you are uncertain that you qualify).
- Potential buyer must be a first-time homebuyer.