ARROWHEAD SENIOR NUTRITION SERVICES
“Helping seniors live healthy, independent lives with
nutritious meals and services.”
FOOD AND NUTRITION SERVICES
- Provide Nutrition Assessments
- Offer Group and Individual Nutrition Education
- Provide Access and Referral to Services that Impact Nutrition
- Menus Approved & Developed by a Registered Dietician
- Meals Provide Over 40% of the Daily Intake of Most Key Nutrients
- Nutritional Analysis of Menus
- Option of Frozen Meal Service Packaging. The meals can be reheated either in the oven or microwave. Please Call for Availability.
SENIOR DINING MEALS
Dining services are offered at numerous locations such as senior housing, community or senior centers, and some restaurants. Dining patrons enjoy the company of peers, great conversation, and a delicious meal.
MEALS ON WHEELS (Home Delivered Meals)
Dining patrons that are “homebound” are offered the option of home delivery. The home delivery is also an opportunity to check on their well-being!
AWARD WINNING BUNDLED SERVICES PROGRAM
For dining patrons who live in remote areas, Bundled Services makes monthly deliveries to seniors that include prepared meals, grocery items, library books and medication pick-up. Community volunteers take grocery orders, shop, and deliver. A temperature-controlled vehicle allows centralized routes and schedules; reduces excess handling of meals; and guarantees appropriate meal and grocery temperatures during transport. Bundled Services also serves as a safety net for participants as telephone contacts and check-ins offer opportunities to convey their day-to-day concerns. Our Bundled Services program has received the prestigious 2005 Star Award from the National Association of Nutrition and Aging Service Providers and the 2006 Innovations Award at the Age Odessey and Disability Conference.
Dining patrons must complete a registration form that verifies eligibility. Eligibility criteria includes:
- 60 years of age or older and their spouse (regardless of age)
- To receive home delivered meals, the dining patron must be assessed to be “homebound”
- There is NO income criteria
NUTRITION SITES IN YOUR AREA
- Aitkin County: Aitkin, Bundled Services, Hill City, Palisade.
- Carlton County: Barnum, Bundled Services, Carlton, Cloquet, Kettle River, Moose Lake.
- Cook County: Grand Marais.
- Itasca County: Balsam, Bigfork, Bowstring, Bundled Services, Calumet, Coleraine, Deer River, Grand Rapids, Keewatin, Marble, Nashwauk, Pengilly, Squaw Lake, Taconite.
- Koochiching County: Big Falls, International Falls, Littlefork, Northome.
- Lake County: Bundled Services, Silver Bay, Two Harbors.
- St. Louis County: Aurora, Babbitt, Biwabik, Buhl, Bundled Services, Cherry, Chisholm, Cook, Duluth, Ely, Eveleth, Floodwood, Gilbert, Hibbing, Hoyt Lakes, Laurentian, Mt. Iron, Orr, Proctor, Virginia.
REGISTER FOR SERVICES
Registration is simple! Just call (218) 749-2912 or call toll free at 1-800-662-5711 ext. 7323 to complete a brief phone registration form, and learn where the site nearest you is located! We look forward to serving you!
With the exception of the restaurant dining sites, we ask that dining patrons make reservations NO LATER THAN 9:00 AM the day you wish to join us. If you wish to cancel your reservation, please do so NO LATER THAN 9:00 AM.
We also ask that “homebound” patrons afford us this same courtesy. This courtesy reduces food waste. If you are not going to be home for your delivered meal, please cancel your meals so we know you are all right. Please help us ensure that you receive the best possible service.
PAYMENT FOR SERVICES
Eligible patrons are requested to make a $3.50 per meal contribution. Your Senior discount entitles you to this price reduction. Ineligible guests of patrons are required to pay the posted full price for the meal. Senior Dining patrons may pay at the site they attend. Home Delivered and Bundled Services patrons are sent a monthly statement for their services.
WHAT OUR PATRONS THINK OF NUTRITION SERVICES
- “I eat more balanced meals and my food dollars stretch further.”
- “I have made new friends.”
- “It’s a wonderful service.”
- “Thank you. You (home delivered meals) make it possible for me to stay at home.”
HOW GOOD NUTRITION HELPS OUR PATRONS
- Improves Health
- Strengthens Immune System
- Promotes Better Mental Health
- Shortens Hospital Stays
- Lowers Health Costs and Saves Money
- Reduces Disabilities
- Prolongs Independence
Director - Marilyn Ocepek
1-800-662-5711 ext. 7325
Assistant Director/Food Services Manager - Kathie Irish
1-800-622-5711 ext. 7327
Senior Services Manager - Betty Udovich
1-800-662-5711 ext. 7316
702 3rd Ave. S.
Virginia, MN 55792
Arrowhead Senior Nutrition is sponsored by AEOA and is funded under a contract with the Arrowhead Regional Development Commission as part of the Older Americans Act and from county appropriations and local contributions.