Dislocated Worker Program (DW)
Availability: Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis Counties.
Eligibility: 1. Written documentation of your employment separation:
- Termination Letter
- WARN Notice
- Union Letter
- Newspaper Article
- Lay Off Notice
2. 18 years of age or older.
3. Minnesota Resident or working in Minnesota at the time of layoff.
4. You must have worked 6 of the last 36 months, not necessarily consecutive, at a minimum of 20 hours or more per week.
5. Priority of service is given to Veterans and/or spouses, long term unemployed and those receiving public assistance.
Program Description: Services for an individual who loses a job through no fault of their own.
They may include:
- Skills assessment and career counseling
- Remedial education and GED assistance
- Financial assistance for classroom training, books and test fees
- Mileage, child care and temporary lodging to support training and job seeking efforts
- Resume preparation, job leads and job search skills education
- Training on accessing the hidden job market, employer expectations and more
- Interview Skills Training in preparation for job interviews
- Financial assistance to defray cost of relocation to a new job